July 7, 2010

Summertime...and the livin's easy

I hope everyone had a great July 4th weekend. As I mentioned, I was with B's family at their shore house in Brigantine Beach (right outside Atlantic City).

Some of the family playing paddleball on the beach

Even though I'm currently only hostessing at a restaurant part-time, it was still really nice to get away for a few days. I'm so accustomed to relaxing during the summers--getting a lot of beach and pool days--and so far this summer I've done very little of that. So it was fantastic to relax for a few days.

I don't get the chance to see all of B's family very often. He lives 2 hours away from me and when I visit, we usually plan activities and only sometimes spend quality time with his family. He has 2 older sisters, both married, 1 with 2 kids. But only 1 of them lives close to B, so I get to see them fairly often, but hardly ever get to see the other. B, on the other hand, spends a lot of time with my family. He tends to come visit me more than I visit him and my family tends to get together often for lunch and dinner. So he gets to see my brother & grandparents pretty often. (Both of us currently live with our parents, so we get to see each others parents every time we visit). Anyhoo, the point of mentioning all of this was to get across the point that I had such a great weekend in the sun & spending quality time with my future in-laws :)

Today, I endured some serious dress shopping for the engagement party with my friend AL. She's not afraid to speak her mind & therefore makes a great shopping buddy. Needless to say, about 4 hours later, I came out with 2 bras, 1 bathing suit & 4 shirts...but no dress :( The search continues...


In other news, today I received the Versatile Blogger award!!!!

The rules for this award are: Thank the person who gave you the award; Share 7 things about you; Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs; and Let your nominees know about the award.

So here it goes. Firstly, thank you so much Nicole from That's Life! Go check her out! She's also engaged & posts about wedding planning...she also posts awesome recipes!

7 things about myself:

1. When I was a kid, I watched Grease literally every night, if you don't believe me, just ask my parents.
2. Ever since I watch an episode of What Not To Wear during which I learned that horizontal stripes make you look wider, I have never tried on a horizontal-striped article of clothing.

Wow, this is harder than I thought...

3. Since high school, I drink soda only a handful times per year. I only drink water, no powder flavor added in.
4. I sincerely enjoy washing dishes, I find it soothing & it eases my stress.
5. I always wanted to be a marine biologist & move to Hawaii...until I reach mid-high school & almost failed biology.
6. I absolutely despise Crocs, I'm sorry if I've offended any of you.
7. I wear flowers in my hair & I'm proud of it :)

Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs:

1. Rachel from Pura Vida! She rambles about her travels all over the world.
2. Irresistible♥Icing...blogging about bridal things.
3. Nicole from An East Coast Wedding, blogging about her fabulous married life
4. A Bride in Boots who had a winter wedding & will serve as some inspiration for me ;)
5. Beer Budget Bride's Musings...love reading about your wedding planning.
6. A Wedding Story, a very cute blog with fantastic style.
7. Jacin from She Said Yes...also planning a wedding!
8. Life of Leetid...because I love her hotties of the month!
9. Untypically Jia from Color Me Untypical cuz my inner child really could use another Pepsi.
10. A Beautiful Mess: Project Alicia...fabulous recipes!
11. Alycia from Crowley Party...such an adorable blog.
12. Sarah from Eat Well. Love Much. Laugh Often, who blogs about her fabulous life. Oh, and there are some pretty awesome recipes on here too.
13. Gwen from Gwen in Love, blogging about love, marriage & sex.
14. Melissa from Love, Marriage, and (Someday) a Baby Carriage!, life after the wedding, something to look forward to :)
15. Natalie from Wanderlove (and roses), blogging about her fabulous life.

Let your nominees know about the award:

DONE!

13 comments:

  1. That's a whole lotta work you just did girl. But congrats on the award. And I feel honored that you thought of me. I also don't really love crocs. And I think it's great that you drink only water. Now I must head to bed. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the award!!! i just signed on to follow your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a lot of thinking on your part for that award, I'm horrible at thinking of people for it, HA! Congrats on it though, and sounds like you had a great weekend. When's the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree coming up with 7 facts is difficult. I had to do it 2 days in a row... whew! but I won't complain :). Good luck in finding "the dress" for the engagement party! dress shopping can be tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can come over and wash the pile of dishes in my sink to ease your stress anytime :-).
    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all so so welcome! You all deserve it!

    Amber-- We haven't booked a place yet, but we're hoping for March 4,
    2012
    Nicole-- Thanks! I'm sure I have several more days of intense dress
    shopping ahead of me
    JoJo-- Thanks! & I'll give you a call when I'm stressed to see if you have
    any dishes for me to wash lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the award! And congrats on the engagement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thank you!
    And good luck finding a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks and glad you like the hotties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on another award! :D

    ReplyDelete