July 15, 2010

Jam Bands & Lemon Drops

Yesterday was my birthday...23! Birthdays are getting more & more depressing each year. I was ok last year, still pretty happy the whole day. But this year I was pretty sad all day because I still think of myself as a young & free teenager. One of my friends mentioned to me that I should be happy about 23 because it's in numerical order...this actually made me really happy. (I don't like odd numbers, I always dread when I turn an odd numbered age, yes I'm really that weird).

I started out the day waking up at 7:30 to wait for the dishwasher repairman who finally arrived at 8:45 only to find out that all I had to do was reset the circuit breaker. That was fun. Then I went to see Despicable Me with a friend. It was cute, nothing amazing, just cute. Then we got some food & headed to a bar. We drank, listened to live music (randomly awesome jam band) & played some pool. Overall, it was a nice relaxing birthday....oh, and today I bought myself the Droid X for my birthday :) My very first Android & loving it!!!!

This is me with my Lemon Drop (my fav shot!)

Last year I started a bucket list, around the time of my 22nd birthday when I first started feeling old. I knew that if I wrote down the things that I want to do in life, that I have a higher chance of actually doing it than if I don't see it written down.

Originally I was supposed to be married by 23, that's moved to 24. No biggie, I'm in no rush. I've since added several items to the list and have yet to cross off any. Here we go:

1. Skydive
2. Learn to wakeboard successfully
3. Learn to surf successfully
4. Bungee Jump
5. Have kids/Adopt
6. Rescue an animal from a shelter
7. Spend an extended period of time in a foreign country (min. 1 month)
8. Visit Australia/New Zealand
9. Volunteer Abroad
10. Hike/Camp Yellowstone
11. Ride the big ride at Steel Pier (on the boardwalk in Atlantic City)
12. Take a bartending class
13. Take dance classes

It's a work in progress...here's my "5-year plan":
1. Be happily married
2. Have 1 kid/trying to have a kid/seriously considering having a kid
3. Have at least 1 rescued pet
4. Have a job that makes a difference

Whew, that's a lot of things to accomplish, I hope I can do it. So far I've accomplished nothing on my bucket list, but it's not completely done yet anyway. I guess I should add number 14. Finish Bucket List.

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!! Hope it was a good one. :)

    23 is not old, don't worry! I'm 26 and I still say 24 or 25 by accident because I don't feel like I'm 26 yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I try to convince myself that I'm a year older, months before my birthday to get used to it & therefore for the past few months I've been calling myself 23 by accident

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg... im sad that i will be 30 next january!!! no more sadness girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and btw, you don't have to do a first look with your whole bridal party..it can be just the two of you! its your day...do as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!

    I'm going to turn 23 in November, it's a little weird, I have to admit, but it's not an old age!!! :) Don't worry!

    And you should have around 50 years at least for that bucket list, so there's no crazy rush :) (it's great to have goals though)

    ReplyDelete