July 21, 2010

Success at last!!


After several failed dress shopping attempts, I finally decided that it was time to get serious. No more joking around. So I grabbed one of my friends and headed to a HUGE outdoor outlet center about 35 minutes from my house (Woodbury Commons, anyone been there? It's pretty much heaven for any shopaholic).

The day started out looking as bleak as the other shopping attempts. But this was my last shot, if I didn't find a dress here, I wasn't going to find one anywhere. We went to Max Studio, D&G, Guess, BCBG, Calvin Klein, J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, Nine West, Lucky Brand, Kensie Girl, DKNY, Esprit, and finally...Banana Republic. I was so focused on finding a dress that I only bought 1 unnecessary, but utterly adorable skirt!

3 hours & 1 major downpour later, I found it. Well, technically, I had already found it a few weeks ago. See, when I was in Atlantic City, I had gone to a few of the outlet stores there with B's sisters & found a dress I really liked from Banana Republic, but they didn't have it in my size, so I forgot about it. I was shocked to find it again and even though they didn't have my size here, they had 1 size bigger, so I decided to buy it anyway. I dropped it off at the tailor today so she can take it in :)

So the long, arduous process of finding THE dress is over. For the life of me, I cannot find a picture of it online so I will post pix as soon as possible. All I need to do now is find shoes to match & my outfit will be complete!

Remaining to-do list for the party:
1. Go candy shopping
2. Find various vases to put candy in
3. Scan baby pictures
4. Figure out what to put the baby pictures on
5. Bake cookies

4 comments:

  1. Yay - can't wait to see pics!! Congratulations on finding THE dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found what you were looking for. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have def been to a lot of stores...wow I went to one store and that was it! But we also only went to one venue too...I guess were simple...not always though! But its good to go to many stores because you wont keep wondering what if? Congrats...cant wait to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete