June 30, 2010

What do you mean I can't open my gifts?!?!

I have one more story to share about our registry.

Boys naturally care less about all of the little stuff than us ladies do. So when I was told by my mother that I shouldn't open any of the gifts without B present, I was naturally super upset! He doesn't care if he actually sees them, he knows what we registered for, he doesn't care about opening a box. So I basically asked/told B that I would be opening the gifts & that when he comes to visit, he could look at them, but there's no way I'd be able to receive a box in the mail & not open it...immediately!

When we decided to push the wedding back to March 2012, I got nervous that a lot of the items on the registry would be discontinued. Of course, it was my favorite items that were discontinued first. The cute sorbet cups, 1 set of silverware that we finally decided on & 2 parts of the luggage set that took us forever to find. So we found another set of silverware to register for, but as for the luggage, we're just going to wait it out to see if it's restocked. But...the sorbet cups...if you need a reminder of how cute they are, here they are:
(also available in blue, green & orange. & of course I registered for 2
of each)

On the Crate & Barrel registry, next to these cute cups, it said 'Limited Quantity'. Which, being that they're a seasonal item, means that they're going to be discontinued :( Since our wedding is so far off, I knew that nobody would buy them for us in time. So, I took matters into my own hands. We received a Crate & Barrel gift card as an engagement gift & we decided to use part of it to buy these cups! & I'm glad we did because a week after we bought them, they were no longer available online. So there! I am now the proud owner of these super cute sorbet cups!

Now, of course all I want to do is use them already, but I was also told, by several people, that I'm not allowed to use any of our gifts until we're married!! Granted, we're not living together until we get married, so I kind of understand, but still. I was so happy about my purchase, but I can't use them?!?! I have to wait 2 years to use them?!?! *sigh*

FYI, I'm headed to B's family NJ shore house for a long weekend, so I probably won't be able to post again until mid-next week. I'm sure I'll have stories to share when I get back :)

Happy 4th of July!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ok the part that really stood out to me in this was you aren't living together until you are married. So far everyone around here keeps telling me I'm the only one with this philosophy so it makes me happy/excited to see I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even after we get married, we can't use our gifts right away because we are staying with my grandparents till we can find our own place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole-- I come from a religious family, so it was never a question of living together before marriage. You're not the only one out there!

    JessRaquel-- That's so sad, I'm so anxious to start using my gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *shrugs* I don't see the big deal with using your gifts before you're married, I mean, if someone went through the effort to give you a gift this early, it was probably because they wanted you to use it now. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left a blog award for you on my blog, please go check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for passing on the award! We didn't leave together either, it's like we're now in a minority. Kind of sad :(

    ReplyDelete