June 28, 2010

Strawberry Jam, Cotton Candy & French Vanilla...oh my!

Since our wedding date is so far away, we have yet to make any official plans. No venue, no dress, no caterer, etc. At times it almost feels like we're not even engaged. However, I get my planning-fix through our engagement party, which is on August 1st. We are planning a backyard brunch at my parents house (I hope the weather is nice, otherwise it will be indoors & therefore not as aesthetically pleasing).

Things are all falling into place for the party. We have the caterer set...omelette station, crepe station, a customized cake & champagne. The invites were sent out a few weeks ago; some by post mail, some by evite (see previous post).We decided to have a candy table, finally made the final decision about that last week--it will be color-coordinated, all red, pink & white. The choice of color was determined by Jelly Belly flavors (yes, I am that crazy). So the flavors will be strawberry jam, strawberry daiquiri, cotton candy & french vanilla...yum! We'll go shopping in a few weeks for the rest of the candy, but I feel like red & pink allow yummy candy options, think red licorice, swedish fish, white chocolate covered pretzels, I could go on & on. Please, if you have any suggestions, I am all ears! We're thinking of a table like this, except with pink & red too...
(I stole this image from the Knot, it's too cute!)

I will continue to post about the planning process for the party as we still have tons of things to figure out, like centerpieces, guest book & favors :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds Amazing! Now for the bigger question- What are you going to wear?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that, I'm going crazy trying to find a day that I can devote a few hours to dress shopping to find the perfect dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. candy tables are awesome! I went to a wedding where that's what they had as a party favor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my silly blog today! Don't I WISH there was such as thing as a spitball class? Who doesn't dream of that?? Also, I really like the candy idea! I love that picture you have above. I think that sounds so fun. As far as your "about me" in the post below, I love that you love "AFV"! My husband, sons and I watched it last night. It really makes me laugh out loud. Lastly, please help me...what does MILF stand for? I think of "MIL" as Mother-in-Law, but I can't figure out the "f"... Hmmm... I have a really low IQ. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Gigi here from The Blogger's Concierge. Thanks for adding your blog to our A List bloghop! I remember well the days of wedding planning. Lots of fun!! :) Look forward to connecting with you at TBC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the candy idea. Congrats and good luck with the rest of the planning. I promise marriage isn't nearly as hard as the wedding planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole-- That's such a good idea! I might steal that!

    Kelley-- haha, MILF stands for mom i'd like to f***. don't judge me! lol :)

    Gigi-- TBC is adorable!

    The Bide-- I'm really anxious to get through the next year & a half so we can finally be married!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from 20SB! I am also engaged and planning my wedding. The date is 10-30-10. I post a weekly wedding blog which you might find helpful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete