May 31, 2010

Technological Amazements


So we sent out our engagement party invites this week. We decided to invite a majority of our guests through an evite to save paper & money. We were able to gather up most people's e-mails to send out the invitations. Some people will be receiving hard copy invites either because we don't know their e-mail addresses, or because they're technically incompetent. Although, I was very impressed to hear that my grandma, who can't open pictures sent to her in e-mails, was able to follow the evite link and respond to the invitation...or so she thought. Supposedly she was thrilled to tell my mother about her accomplishment, however, she must have messed something up because when I checked the response list, she wasn't on it. Oh well, kudos to grandma for trying.

I also became really nervous when I heard that a family friend hadn't received the evite. We later found out that he was simply too scared to open up an e-mail from a sender he didn't know. This brought up concerns that others would do the same. Luckily evite keeps track of who has viewed the invitation, meaning that I can see if a guest has seen the invitation or not. So in a few weeks, if a guest has still not viewed the invitation, I can send it again or call them to let them know. Oh how technology amazes me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment